Another Bold Experiment
Mar 30, 2005
Howard Thurman once said, "Do what makes you come alive, because what the world needs most are people who have come alive." In that spirit, our next experiment is to "walk" paths we're inspired to take, letting groups naturally self-organize around it, all the while staying together as a family bound by the values of service, spirituality and love. Sounds almost like a mission statement. :)
- Guri and I are walking per our original inspiration from a year ago, without much of an external goal: in search of the "good", within and without, we are heading South of Ahmedabad to profile inspirations that we encounter.
- Mark and John are staying in Ahmedabad, to address sanitation on the streets (a la Ten minutes at 10 PM). Using themselves as an example, they hope to create a widespread movement in the community.
- Viral and Eric are heading to Kutch, to explore spirituality of the region, it's people and culture. Both of them are going with a loose focus, but primarily motivated by their gut feelings.
- Sheetal is going in silence for a bit and staying open ended beyond that.
- Jayeshbhai, Anarben and the ManavSadhna/Indicorps crew are continuing their existing work, while showering their full support to everyone on all journeys.
We hope to recovene, and create some repository of inspirational service journeys, that people -- many who want to join -- could plug into or initiate in different parts of the country. Long back, I envisioned a distributed iJourneys; perhaps this could be that. Or not. :)