Washing Clothes Samadhi
Feb 23, 2005
So, yesterday was the first time that I was wearing *all* hand-washed clothes.
When I was washing my clothes ...
- First thought: hail to laundry machines! This is crazy.
- Second thought: this is really inefficient. It's not a bad thing to do, but such a waste of time.
- Third thought: what I should do is figure a way to pay-forward a laundry machine to these guys.
- Fourth thought: you know, this is not so bad; but I should really simplify my clothes. Why do I have these fancy pockets and stuff?
- Fifth thought: what if I only had two pairs of clothes? Wear one, clean one. Easy, simple, no nonsense.
Twenty minutes later, I carried my clothes to the nearest sunshine.