700 Kilometers of Lessons
May 19, 2005
Here is my not-really-top-ten list of lessons experienced during the 700 kilometers that Guri and I have walked to date:
- We are not alive in the universe; the universe is alive in us.
- Nature is our teacher.
- It's pointless to endure pain. It is liberating to understand suffering.
- Pilgrims don't walk on paths; they travel patterns of their own habits.
- I am not my ego.
- Those who have less, give more.
- To greet another soul, you must first walk in through the door of goodness.
- Human minds cannot grasp the destination of their journeys.
- Winds of grace are always blowing. Just open your sails.
- You won't solve all the problems of the world. But make sure you aren't a problem for the world to solve.